We know that picking a facility can be a daunting and difficult task. We find that when you know what to expect and are prepared for every step of the way you can make your decision in a calm and proper way. Here is a breakdown of what you can expect and what you need to know about choosing Friedwald.
For an application to Friedwald Center please contact our admissions coordinator at 845-678-2000.
– Upon admission each resident receives a welcome package including a complete list of contact people at Friedwald for every department.
– Each resident will have a private meeting with our various departments to orient them and customize our amenities to their preferences.
- Typical Day
Each morning, you will dress in your own clothes and be served breakfast between 7:30 – 8:00 a.m. You will participate in therapy which begins around 9:15 a.m., following your individually assigned therapy schedule.
Lunch break takes place at about 12:00 noon. If you are scheduled for afternoon therapy, the next session begins around 1:30 p.m. and therapy generally ends for the day about 4:00 p.m. You are then free to rest, relax, spend time with visitors or take advantage of any of the amenities or services outlined in this handbook.
Dinner is generally served at 5:00 p.m. Please refer to the unit-specific section of this binder for additional details on your unit schedule.
- Short Term Rehabilitation
Our Short Term Rehabilitation Program offers a full range of medical and rehabilitative therapies. Our outstanding team of licensed therapists offers rehabilitation services customized to each individual. The latest technology and equipment is used, maximizing each patient’s opportunity for success. The program is designed for individuals who are recovering from surgery, stroke, falls, fractures, joint replacement, amputation, respiratory illness, or other situations requiring intensive nursing care and rehabilitation. Our talented, multidiscipline team of professionals works together, ensuring that all physical, emotional and psychological needs of each resident are met. Our goal is to restore our patients to their highest level of function and independence so they can return safely to their homes.
- Long Term Rehabilitation
Our Long Term Care provides a broad range of services designed to assist those in need of a home away from home.
- Patient Checklist – WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BRING WITH YOU TO FRIEDWALD CENTER
We recommend that residents bring the following items for their stay at Friedwald. If you did not have these items with you when you were transferred here, please ask a family member or friend if they can bring them to you.
- DURABLE MEDICAL EQUIPMENT
- Hearing aids, glasses
- You will be loaned a wheelchair and other mobility devices while at Friedwald. However, please bring any customized devices you have been using such as wheelchairs, braces, splints, canes, and walkers.
- Sneakers or rubber-soled shoes
- Five easy fitting outfits – sweatshirts, t-shirts, jogging suits
- Jacket or sweater
- Pajamas, bathrobe and slippers
- PERSONAL ITEMS
- Toiletries (toothbrush, hairbrush, denture cream, shaving kit, etc.)
- Family photos
- INSURANCE INFORMATION
- Insurance cards (Medicare, Medicaid, etc.)
- All other insurance information
Prior to discharge each patient is scheduled with a member of our staff to develop a discharge plan. Our goal is always for a safe and smooth transition from our home to yours. We are here to help you from day one plan on safely returning home. Our expert staff will help you setup home care, order the necessary equipment, recommend products and services that were not necessary in the past or will make life easier (e.g. Meals on Wheels). When necessary we will also discuss and help with assisted living or hospice scenarios. In addition we will help with dealing with doctors and medications, educating and guiding family members. Click here for our Home Health Care Providers Disclaimer.
Aside from Medicare/Medicaid we also accept most popular insurances as well as all major credit cards.
Insurances we accept:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Partners in Care
- United Health Care
For a complete list or to verify your particular provider please call us at (845) 678-2000.
Our medicaid coordinator will happily assist with your Medicaid application or private insurance paperwork.